This roll and cover printable activity is a fun way to practice counting and adding numbers.
Learning and practicing different math skills can be fun and engaging with roll and cover mats. This printable is perfect for at home practice, math centers in the classroom, and independent work.
Roll and cover activities help kiddos practice number sense skills, such as number recognition, one to one correspondence, and subitizing. All important skills to help them get ready for future math concepts.
I love that roll and cover activities are low-prep. All you need is the printable, some counters or pom poms, and a few dice. Plus it’s easy to differentiate or extend roll and count activities.
Supplies Needed for Count & Cover Activities
- Printable Count and Cover Mat
- Counters, Pom Poms, Playdough, Cotton Balls
- Shop all of my favorite supplies on Amazon to make learning fun!
Activity Ideas for Count & Cover Mats
If you have kiddos that are just starting out with these skills or need a little extra support, here are some ways to differentiate the activity:
- provide counters and a ten frame when doing the adding mat
- create your own die that has written numbers rather than dots
- use number cards that have both the numeral and dots
And some ways to extend this activity one your kiddos show a good understanding of the skills they are practicing:
- use one of the mats for subtraction practice
- write number sentences on a white board or paper for each dice roll
You could also laminate the mats or place them in a Write and Wipe Pocket to use in centers or as independent work activities. There are so many great ways to use these roll and cover mats to make learning math fun!