A fun spin on the puppy chow recipe, this Easter Bunny Chow with pastel colored M&M’s and a touch of butterscotch is sure to be a big hit!
These past few weeks I’ve been making lots of treats for the family. It might have something to do with having a kitchen island that I love and actually have room to make things now. And I haven’t heard any complaints from the family about all the treats, including the Spring Oreo Bark I made last weekend.
After picking up a few bags of spring colored M&M’s, I just knew I had to make some puppy chow. I seriously LOVE that stuff. I have to hide it from myself or I end up eating way too much. And with the pastel colors for spring, we like to call it Easter Bunny chow!
You can find the full printable recipe at the end of the post, but here’s what you’ll need:
white chocolate chips
spring colored M&M’s
butterscotch pudding mix (optional)
Melt the white chocolate chips.
In a large bowl, combine the melted chocolate and chex. Mix well.
Put the powdered sugar in a large ziplock bag, add the chex, and shake until coated.
Optional: add a few spoonfuls of butterscotch pudding mix to the powdered sugar
Spread the powdered sugar covered chex on a baking sheet or wax paper to allow the chocolate to harden. Mix in M&M’s and enjoy! Store leftovers in an airtight container.
After making this, I felt like it was a huge batch…but it did not last long at all in our house. It’s so hard to stop eating, it’s that yummy! And I decided to add the butterscotch to just a few cups of the chocolate coated chex so it wasn’t all butterscotch flavored. Delicious.
Throw together a batch for Easter baskets or as a sweet treat to enjoy after Easter dinner!
Easter Bunny Chow
- 8 cups of Rice Chex
- 12 oz white chocolate chips
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 bag of M&M's
- butterscotch pudding mix (optional)
- Melt the white chocolate chips.
- In a large bowl, combine the melted chocolate and chex. Mix well.
- Put the powdered sugar in a large ziplock bag, add the chex, and shake until coated.Optional: add a few spoonfuls of butterscotch pudding mix to the powdered sugar
- Spread on wax paper or baking sheet to allow the chocolate to harden.
- Mix in spring colored M&M's.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container.
Be sure to check out these other yummy Easter treats!