It’s the most wonderful time of the year…to bake cookies! Usually I end up making the same old chocolate chip cookies, peanut butter blossoms, and some sugar cookies to decorate. But this year, I decided to make Magic Cookie Bars.
And it takes some magic to keep these delicious cookie bars from being gobbled up in one sitting, they are just that good!
Magic Cookie Bars
- 1 1/2 cups of graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 can (14oz) of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/3 cup coconut flakes
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 300°F
- Grease a 13×9 pan with no-stick cooking spray
- Combine graham crackers and butter, press mixture firmly into bottom of pan
- Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over graham cracker mixture
- Using the rest of the ingredients, layer evenly, pressing each layer firmly down
- Bake 25-30 minutes until lightly brown
I found a trick to pressing down the ingredients firmly is to use a spatula! Works like a charm and you can press a fairly big section all at once.
After the pan has cooled, cut into bars. They can be a bit messy, so I like to put mine in the refrigerator to harden them up a bit. That way I don’t lose any of the delicious little morsels of chocolate. 😉