It’s the most wonderful time of the year…to bake cookies! Usually I end up making the same old chocolate chip cookies, peanut butter blossoms, and some sugar cookies to decorate. But this year, I decided to make Magic Cookie Bars.
And it takes some magic to keep these delicious cookie bars from being gobbled up in one sitting, they are just that good!
- no-stick cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups of graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 can (14oz) of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/3 cup coconut flakes
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 300°F
- Grease a 13×9 pan with no-stick cooking spray
- Combine graham crackers and butter, press mixture firmly into bottom of pan
- Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over graham cracker mixture
- Using the rest of the ingredients, layer evenly, pressing each layer firmly down
- Bake 25-30 minutes until lightly brown
I found a trick to pressing down the ingredients firmly is to use a spatula! Works like a charm and you can press a fairly big section all at once.
After the pan has cooled, cut into bars. They can be a bit messy, so I like to put mine in the refrigerator to harden them up a bit. That way I don’t lose any of the delicious little morsels of chocolate. 😉