This post brought to you by Giant Food Stores. The content and opinions expressed below are that of Typically Simple.
Packed full of fresh flavors, this Midwestern Farm Burger is a delicious way to get your morning off to a great start!
Almost every Sunday morning while we were growing up, we had some sort of breakfast that included eggs. Usually there was sausage or once in awhile, bacon. And sometimes there was also pancakes or French toast, but growing up in the Midwest meant eggs for Sunday breakfast.
Each of us had our own preference to “How would you like your eggs?” For me, it was always scrambled with a little bit of cheese. Which is still my favorite way to eat them, however when I came across this Midwestern Farm Burger recipe, I knew I’d be trying my eggs out in a new way because it just looked too delicious to pass up!
The Midwestern Farm Burger is such a tasty treat for summer breakfast…on a Sunday morning or even a weekday. The bacon can also be replaced with smoked salmon for a savory treat that would be great to serve at brunch. And since we are huge fans of breakfast for dinner, this will definitely be added to our dinner menu rotation!
The full printable recipe is available at the end of the post, but here’s what you’ll need:
- fresh chives
- cream cheese
- avocado, sliced
- sandwich rolls
- alfalfa sprouts
Finely chop the chives and mix into the cream cheese.
Heat a frying pan (do no use oil or butter) and fry the bacon in batches. Place the bacon on paper towels to soak up any extra grease. Do not dispose of the grease from pan yet.
Fry the eggs in the leftover bacon grease.
Halve the avocado and remove the pit. Scoop the flesh from the peel and cut into slices.
Reheat the frying pan. Cut the rolls in half and grill cut side down for a few minutes until golden brown.
Spread the chive mixture onto the bottom halves of the buns. Top with arugula, bacon, avocado, egg and alfalfa sprouts. Sprinkle with freshly ground pepper if desired.
Place the top of the bun on the sandwich and enjoy!
Since 4th of July falls on a weekday this year, you can bet that we will be spending the morning sipping our coffee and eating this delicious breakfast burger instead of rushing off to work.
Midwestern Farm Burger
- 5 tbsp finely chopped fresh chives
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 8 slices bacon
- 4 eggs
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- 4 sandwich rolls
- 3 oz arugula
- 1/2 cup alfalfa sprouts (about 3/4 oz)
- Finely chop the chives and mix into cream cheese.
- Fry bacon in frying pan without oil or butter.
- Place bacon on paper towels to soak up grease, but do not discard grease from pan.
- Fry the eggs in leftover bacon grease.
- Halve the avocado and remove the pit. Scoop out of the peel and slice.
- Reheat the frying pan. Slice rolls and grill cut side down until golden brown.
- Spread the cream cheese - chive mixture onto the roll.
- Top with egg, bacon, avocado, arugula, and sprouts.
- Place the top of the bun on the sandwich and enjoy!