These straw toppers are a super cute and easy Valentine’s Day craft project! Use them for table decor, drinks, cupcake toppers, or just a fun craft for the kids to make using the free Valentine’s Day printable!
I have a tendency to buy way too many of one thing for a craft, like when I made a cute Cupcake Liner Banner, I was trying to use up just a few of the hundreds of cupcake liners I bought to make a wreath earlier in the year.
Paper straws are also my weakness, especially when I find them in the Target Dollar Spot in so many prints and colors. Obviously buying craft supplies in moderation is something I need to work on! Nonetheless, these paper straw toppers are the perfect little touch for your Valentine’s Day party.
Valentine’s Day Party Straw Toppers Supply List
- Valentine’s Day Hearts Printable
- paper straws
- double sided tape
- glue, glitter, washi tape (optional)
Valentine’s Day Straw Topper Craft Tips
- Print the heart printables out on cardstock – the thicker paper will help keep the hearts from looking too floppy.
- If you are making this with younger kids, cut out the hearts ahead of time.
- Do not use glitter if you plan to use these with food or drinks!
To make your straw toppers, start by printing the Valentine’s Day Hearts Printable¬†and cutting out the hearts.
Using double sided tape, attach smaller hearts to the bigger hearts and decorate with washi tape, glitter, gemstones, and any other fun embellishments you might have.
Attach the finished heart straw toppers to the paper straws with a piece of double sided tape. Arrange in jars or vases as a fun Valentine’s Day party idea!
Super easy, super cute, and super fun! The kids will love making and using these to decorate for a Valentine’s Day party. Plus the printable can be used for other crafts and activities!
Be sure to check out these other fun craft ideas for Valentine’s Day!
- Simple Classroom Crafts for Valentine’s Day
- Love Bugs Toilet Paper Roll Craft
- Scrapbook Paper Heart Wreath