A sweet and salty treat that is perfect for snacking on while watching the game or a movie, this caramel corn snack mix is super easy to make in your crock pot!
Popcorn has always been a favorite snack of mine. I could probably eat a whole bag of it by myself and don’t even get me started on movie theatre popcorn! Sweet and salty snacks definitely rank up there as some of my favorite treats, behind chocolate of course.
So when I came across an easy recipe for making caramel corn in the crock pot, I knew I had to give it a try! It’s so much easier than making caramel on the stove using a candy thermometer and the constant checking, stirring, and everything else that goes with it.
And even though it’s made in the crock pot, this caramel corn snack mix is the perfect delicious mix of sweet and salty!
Crock Pot Caramel Corn Snack Mix
You can find the full printable recipe at the end of the post, but here is what you will need:
- Crock Pot
- rubber spatula
- parchment paper
- brown sugar
- vanilla extract
- popped popcorn
- whole almonds
- Cut up butter into pieces.
- Heat the butter, brown sugar, honey, and vanilla in the crock pot on high for about 15 minutes until melted.
- Stir in popcorn, pretzels, and almonds.
- Cover and cook on high for about 30 minutes, gently stirring mixture a few times.
- Remove cover and cook on low for about 15 minutes.
- Spread on parchment paper and allow to cool completely.
With the added almonds and pretzels, this caramel corn snack mix has the perfect amount of crunch! You could also add in other types of nuts or even M&M’s for a some extra sweet & salty flavors!
Be sure to check out these other simple to make sweet treats!